Monday, March 11, 2013

Dear Dallin

It is so weird not to get an email from you today. I have had a letter from a missionary every Monday, with very few exceptions, for the past few years, starting with Tanner! I received one from Logan today so the streak has continued, but I still miss getting one from you. You say you will be doing a lot of handwriting and I plan to type them up and add them here so that one day, you can print them all up into a book or something.

If I know you at all, you will be making your area of the Marshall Islands a lively place with fun and laughter (and probably some inappropriateness if I'm being honest). I love you kid. You are sunshine and fun, clouds and storm all rolled into one little ball of energy! That's my boy.

I hope that if your friends and family read this blog that they won't give up, I will try to keep it updated somehow!

Dallin, I want you to know that I am grateful for the knowledge that the gospel is true and that God lives, Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He died to atone for our sins. I couldn't have let you leave me for so long with such little communication if I didn't. I know that you are in His hands now and that He will watch over you and protect you and guide you to those who are in need. There are so many out there who are sad, lonely, depressed, hurting... You can lift them up, help them in their time of need, comfort them and teach them how to find God.

When we make mistakes in our lives, we can repent of our sins and, if we change our behavior, He will forgive us and remember them no more. What a beautiful promise! I am not perfect, I'm only trying to become more like the Savior, little by little, day by day. There are always setbacks, but with perseverance and determination we can all succeed. The goal is eternal life when we die and families that can be together forever! I love my family so much - I can't imagine a life without them. I bear testimony that I know these things are true, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior, amen.

I love you, my sweet son, I hope you always know that. We are going to be together forever! So this is just a small moment in time in comparison. I know you will BRB and I will SYS!!!
Love, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment