Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Transferred to Uliga!!!

MOMMMMMMY!!!!! AHHHH WHAT’S UP BABY :)

I hope you know I am doing well and I got the second package!! It was funny reading it because that is the one that had the instructions!! It was pretty funny getting that 2nd one first because I was so confused!! haha But it’s all good and I have it now!! This hard drive is going to be so nice and I can’t wait to use it!! Tanner sure did write a lot and I am going to try and respond to it! I don’t really get that much time for emails so when you all write a lot it’s really difficult on me!! But I try my best! I love getting them printed in the mail because I actually get to read them and can respond to everything you ask me and tell me! But email is good because it is a lot faster and I am still semi-fast at typing :)
WATER RULES: I can walk in the lagoon and ocean. I can be chest high!! We aren’t not allowed to swim. But to get that desire out of us we can walk around in it and take pics and such. I do not swim and I will not swim. Be assured that, yes, I might be that naughty boy you used to know, but I follow mission rules because they protect me and I see the blessings and safety that comes from them. So don’t you worry suga lips ;) If I wasn’t allowed to do it... I'm not stupid enough to send pics home of me doing it! Trust me!! I'm a pretty smart kid... most of the time :)

GOOD/SAD NEWS!!! I am getting transferred to Uliga!! It’s a place in downtown Majuro so I will be in the city, definitely emailing every week and not living in the jungle anymore!! I'm so nervous. I have been here for almost 5 months and this is the only kind of missionary work that I know!! I am also a Less-Active missionary. So I don’t proselyte, I just work solely with LA's and that is the coolest thing ever! It will be a big change but it will be awesome for sure!! I didn’t get to work that long with Elder Parente but he was a good guy!! I will be working with Elder Benavides now!! He is from New Zealand!! So that will be interesting!! He has been out for like a year and a half!! I'm pretty excited!! I hear he is a really cool dude!! It was funny in the letter you sent me saying that I will probably run into Parkinson again. This island is so dang tiny it would be incredible if I missed him!! I get to see all the elders and sisters at least once a month for combined p-day where I get to show them how good I am at Volleyball :) haha The islanders still school me though!! It’s all good though. I'm getting super good at beach v-ball though :) So when I come home to the frozen wasteland I will have to call home, (minne) I can show you all how it’s done!!

Sounds like the kiddies are all driving you crazy so it sounds like life is about the same as when I left! Crazy to think that in a couple years you aren’t going to have all these problems!! We will all be gone. So enjoy the stress and hardness now!! Pretty soon you will just wish you had us to rough you up and give you are hard time!! I promise you that you will make it through it and life will be okay again :) I talk with my companions about their families and I'm just like, man, I literally have the coolest parents in the world, the coolest family in the world and I just don’t want anything different. I hope when our family grows, that it will continue to be the best family ever. I feel bad for everyone else!!
So I got a few things I wrote down to tell you guys about.... It’s going to be really random so just bear with me!! Naming of the cars... Conner - please figure out Decepticon names for Dad’s car then proceed to make him get the proper logos and emblems. That is your homework for the week and I am committing you to it!! Second, where in the family in the Bok in Mormon right now?! I am in Mosiah right now, reading about king Noah!! Super good and I love sharing this story with everyone!! So I wanna know where you guys are and I can read a page there a day too so I can talk about it with you all. Man I wish I would have taken that more seriously before my mission. Then I could have just focused complete on the language and just now have to worry about it but oh well its life :) Gushers.... yes. That was amazing to find those and they were gone basically instantly!! So if you need ideas of what to send me, gushers, yes. Dope. So a few weeks ago a Japanese air pilot was found on Ailinglaplap which is one of the outer islands. He was about 85 years old and had been on that island for about 40 years or something close to that!! His plane was shot down. He couldn’t remember his name, family, anything... that would be the scariest thing in the world!! Also, 2/3 black journals are water damaged for flooding in our house :( I don’t need a new one too soon, but I definitely will need one!! So just a heads up. I'm sorry to always be so needy but this place is just full of surprises... And unless you want me to write my journal on banana leaves (which would be sick) I suggest I get one in the next couple months!! The white camera you sent me in amazing!! I love that thing to death!!! Also, what would be a really cool thing to send me maybe for my birthday or if you just love me a lot would be some Blaine hockey shirts!! Ones from Letterman’s or something with the cool Bengal B on them!! I just want some hockey stuff because everyone has shirts with their city and sport for that city and it’s so fun to talk to people about hockey!! So that would be really tight to have. Also, my Marshallese Bible and Book of Mormon are large copies and I would really like a scripture case for them. So if you have one or can find some cheap bag to send me that would be awesome, maybe one that has a shoulder strap!! but just for scriptures!! My Dakine bag is LEGIT!! I love that thing and I use it all the time!! But sometimes I just want my scriptures!! Just a few things if you wanna send some random stuff. I love candy, the kids here love candy. Pics are good! I don’t even recognize Macey... what the heck.... and Conner.... and Logan.... and Tanner... and you and dad... what the freak you guys are all so different looking and its only been 6 months!! What the heck...6 months.... IT’S GOOD ITS GOOD :)

So my investigators.... part of their culture here is to not get married because they have just be taught that they don’t need it and that if they do and get a divorce they will go to “Hades”, so getting people married is extremely difficult and they all live together... I was wondering if you guys could help me and maybe tell me a story or something about how marriage has blessed you are our family and maybe I could share it with them. I am down to try anything!! I know you guys can really help me out!!! So just maybe share a story or something!! IDK I just thought of this, so hopefully it even makes sense!
So to the family:

Mom first: Hey mom it’s me Dallin. Your son. I hope you are doing well. I miss just hugging you close, kissing you bunches and just talking to you, but that will all come back soon. Sometimes it takes being away to realize how much you are close :) I remember saying I wanted to marry you when I was little. I wish life could work out that way. But oh well. I hope you are enjoying your time at home with your crazy 2 kiddies Conner and Macey!! We will all be back soon and boy will that be awesome. My leadership will be back. Nuff said. I know it’s difficult, but you can make it through!! I know you can babe :) Love you bunches!!

DAD: Are you alive?!?!?!?! I hope you surgery went well. From what I hear and haven’t heard I'm assuming that it went just fine!! I know my prayers will be answered and I know that you are protected!! I hope you had a good week of recovery and I hope mom didn’t put you to work too much!!! Please take Thundershock on a date this week and get him nice and cleaned. He was my baby and mom says he’s really dirty and I'm not happy about it!! I need that car when I get home so I gotta do all I can to care for it while I’m 6500 miles away!! haha Have you guys taken out gma and grandpas boat yet this year and what about the canoes and kayaks?!! I hope you guys are getting to 4 wheel a bit too!! or go camping or what not!! love you!!
Tanner:  the man. What’s good. I got your email but I just was able to read it!! It’s bomb that you type so much but its soooo hard for me to respond!! But I'm going to soon!! I don’t really have a way to print it off, buts I'm taking pics of it!! So no worries. Hey man, convince mom to go to Letterman’s and hook up a few hockey shirts. No jerseys, but like crew neck t-shirts with Blaine hockey on it. I gotta rep!! Hey man I heard about your date... good. Because I was about to sign you up for an online dating site ;) hahaha you are the man. Just keep working, playing and enjoying life before you get tied down!

Logan!!: You hard worker you!! You are the man. All I hear about is how you are just working your butt off and just making the most out of being home!! I heard you wasted like $550 on a phone... what the fre3ak... you are crazy!!! I can’t even imagine using a phone right now. I bet you couldn’t either a couple months ago!! But that’s good. You are getting back into the hang of things pretty fast!! Love you bud. Send me engagement stuff soon ;) haha jkjk but seriously ;)

CONNNNNNER!!!!!:  You goon be nice to mom and enjoy your time at home. Trust me, I sometimes hated it there and now I hate myself for thinking that!! That is like the first place I would wanna be right now if I wasn’t on my mission... dang you have it nice. You will realize it soon and I hope you do so you can just love it!! Get ready for school man. I hope you are excited!! I wish I had a senior summer!! What classes are you taking?!? What else you doing to get ready for it>?!?

MACEY!!!: lolz... all I hear from mom about you is boys... you cute little thing. I feel like I will be hearing about that for the next year and a half!! but it’s okay. I guess I have to accept the fact that you aren’t that cute 4 year old who would only wear princess dresses and dance all the time :) you are still cute though don’t worry! I barely even recognize you though what the freak!! It’s good though, it’s good!!
Friends!!: You all rock. Just keep being amazing. What the freak I'm 6 months out... homestretch!!! I hope you all are doing well and feel my love for you all. Read my blog from my mom. Hopefully I’m not boring you guys!! but if I am, repent and start reading it :) I'd love to hear from you all!! I promise to respond!! It’s difficult, but I will do it!! Keep being awesome!! I love you all!! I'm praying for you guys every day!! Enjoy your summer!! Yokwe <3

So yeah I don’t think that my personality is really changing too much, but I'm definitely refining it and being a better person than I was before. It’s difficult for me because I'm not perfect. I think Tanner and Logan were better at some things than me and I'm better at some things than them. I'm a wild sometimes naughty kid, but I’m trying my best. I know that I still got 18 months to change and become totally weird or 18 months to just get better. We will see. I know I'm getting weird, but hopefully a good kind of weird. haha I love this work and I am really trying to get lost in it!! I know I'm starting to really focus on people here! It’s impossible to not think about home, but I'm not obsessing over it at all. I'm actually really nervous to come home and just not know what to do! Every day here is scheduled so I just know what I'm going to do for the most part. It will be fun that’s for sure. I sure am having a lot of fun out here though!! It’s just fun when you really make friends!! I'm sad to leave Arrak but I am excited to work in town!! I'm sending a letter home this week to you guys!! It’s hard to write letters when I can just email everything but I will keep it up!!! at least try too!!
I have to go now but I love you so much mom!! and everyone else... life is good in the Marshall islands!!!
Word of the Week!: Kiio (pronounced kia, like the car) and it means NOW!!
Love, Yokwe, Elder Ingalls

P.S. So I get a bit of time to email a little more today! So I will try and write some other stuff!! This week has been going really well! I just got a package from grandma! That was awesome! Tell her thanks for the shirt and such!!! I LOVED HER COOKIES!!!! Those were awesome!! I would love more! This week is going great and I'm just so excited about everything that is going on! I am really excited about going to work in town it will be really fun!! Okay love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment