Thursday, November 13, 2014

I know this church is true 11-9-2014

Mom!!!
Thanks for the great email! That's awesome that you woke up at 5 just to make sure I am written! Not being able to talk much these last couple of months has been difficult but just made me love you and appreciate you so much more. It's kinda therapeutic to get your emails and just see what's going on! Yes it will be weird to go home. I can't even handle 24 degrees Celsius with the air conditioning at night. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but I assume maybe mid 70s and that's death for me!! I have a sweat shirt and I just snuggle up with all my laundry covering me as a blanket! Doesn't help my companion wants to sleep it absolutely freezing temps!! And not having the water is going to be really weird! I have heard the ocean waves 24/7 for 2 years now and it'll just be so quiet without them!! And our lakes are good but... They might possibly be frozen! Haha I can't really imagine that. It's weird to think I grew up and moved away for 2 years and my previous 19 years are a blur! It will be hard to transition back too! 
 
And congrats for Dalton going on a mission. His family needs that. I know he will do great! Hopefully I see him before he goes so I can pump him up and tell him how awesome mission life is! Good for him. Glad our ward has more people wanting to serve! Is there anyone else that's coming up? I don't know the youth in our ward at all haha
 
Don't worry about Conner. When I get home were gonna be best friends again and I'm gonna be stronger than he is being right now and I'm gonna make the best example for him ever. I pray hard for him and pray mostly to know why God wants him to have these trials. He needs a stronger testimony and the only way I see him doing that is for him to see both sides. It's too bad but I know one day he's gonna come back with a stronger testimony than any of us!
 
Glad you liked my pic of me shirtless :) [Only MY son would send me a shirtless picture of himself while serving on a mission! He wanted us to see how muscular he's become since living on the islands and eating healthier and exercising more. It really has made a huge difference! I hope he can keep it up when he gets home!]  haha I will send some more out to you hopefully today if I can get it working again!! I'm getting into shape and everything is great. Definitely in the best shape of my life and eating well and just feel good. I'm gonna be your personal trainer when I get home so be prepared for that!! [Good luck with that!]
 
This week we have done a ton of finding and just trying to get new investigators. I've been doing pretty well with it and it's basically just me and the spirit because my companion doesn't really do much. Well, can't do much haha it's good tho. I have really had to pray and rely on the spirit to help me find people to teach. Almost everyone we talk to we have had positive contact with.  I haven't had too much of a problem finding people and keeping busy. Life is good and I'm happy to walk out of the house each day. Not just happy but excited and pumped up!! 
 
I've considered going back out to school in January but I think I'm gonna work. I really want to work for dad's company and make bank for awhile and save money for school. I don't have money for school right now and I need to not use you guys. I owe you guys too much money as it is! I definitely don't think I'll last long in Minnesota but I would like to try and get good jobs in Minnesota and if not go to Utah and be there. Still trying to come up with a plan. And school 3 weeks after being home would be so overwhelming and idk if I could transition that fast. I'm definitely still thinking about it though. 
 
I know I got about a month left but this is honestly the hardest I have worked my entire mission and easily the most obedience I have ever been it's been great and I love it. No signs of slowing down until I'm on the plane home. Just so excited about missionary work right now and just the chance to do this great work. I love my language capacity and I love how outgoing I have become with these people. These are some of the best people in the world and I'm gonna miss this place so much. Words can't even begin to describe that. 
 
Just so happy right now. Lae really changed me and I have really let myself become the man that God wants me to be. I'm still the same semi-immature Dallin but I think you all will notice a difference. Especially when it comes to church things. 
 
Just now wanna say how much I love you and I am getting the best Christmas present ever by getting to come home and spend it will you!! You are my mommy :) I love being around you and just having the best parents in the world. Can't wait to come home and getting ripped at the gym with you and dad!! Change begins the moment you think about it. I know this church is true and I'm happy to be in the Marshall's right now. I don't really think there is a better thing I could be doing with my life and being a missionary right now! I'm not perfect, even though most of the time I think I am.. I'm trying my best and trying to be like out savior Jesus Christ. Only a couple more weeks! I promise to work as absolutely hard as I can and come home exhausted! Love you mommy :)
 
Love Elder Ingalls 
 
Ps you're pretty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment