Thursday, November 13, 2014

I love teaching people about prayer 11-2-2014

Mother dear :)
How are we this fine morning? Sorry last week was short! I didn't have any money! But we're good now. Just want to start my letter and tell you how much I love you and how much you mean to me. I know you and dad need blessings and that's why I'm working so hard. Even when my mission is ending. I'm working like I'm getting paid a thousand bucks a day to do it! So happy to be a missionary right now. I told dad how much I missed Lae and how much I learned and grew there. I gained the most knowledge and the most gain in my Christ like attributes. I'm far from perfect, but closer than I was. And these last two months I'm gonna try to be even better. Lae helped me gain the knowledge, here in Delap training Elder Lesser is my application. I want to be known as a rock star here. And to do that we just have to work hard and try our best. Our best along with preach my gospel and the spirit, there is nothing that can stop us. Lae changed me so much and so many people have noticed it. It's great. I feel like a new person. I'm so happy and motivated. I've prayed so hard to have that motivation and Heavenly Father has definitely answered my prayers. I know that prayers are definitely answered and helpful. I love teaching people about prayer. It's my favorite thing. Just because I know it works. I makes more sense than 2+2. Definitely know more about the gospel and have such a deeper testimony than before. My testimony was wet concrete before but it's hardened now. But still be adding too. 
 
So yeah this week was pretty good. Weird having to do so much and my comp is new so everything is on me. It's hard to start over in an area but it's a good challenge and I like it. Really gets me out of my comfort zone and helps me just improve on everything. I really push Elder Lesser to learn the language and work hard. Hopefully he doesn't hate me too much right now because it'll only help him later. I wish I had companions when I was young in the mission to push me really hard. Never really have. We were always evenly motivated or me being motivated more. I think he gets frustrated when I talk to people and don't really include him. It's hard trying to involve him in finding but I just take it away. I have high expectations though. It's good. I'm happy to train. Lae gave me knowledge, and Delap is giving me application. 
 
(Elder Hix says hi heather and he can't wait to meet you when he comes to stay with us in Minnesota! And stay sweet!)
 
I'm so excited for you to get my letters I wrote to you in Lae! I'm gonna send them off to you this week! Basically everything I did out there! I can't stop talking about it with all the elders! To be honest Majuro is very different and I still haven't got used to the air conditioning or white people or the English yet... Don't know if I will. I'm so cold at night and my companion says how hot he is so yeah, I basically freeze!
 
It's crazy how much I have grown in the mission and how different I am now. I even notice the change in myself. My studies are so different. They used to be so general now they are extremely specific and I get so much out of them. I'm following the rules in the best way I can. I'm not perfect but I know that I'm doing a good job. I feel good at the end of the day and completely exhausted from a hard days work. I'm so excited about missionary work and I hope to help the elders out a bit when I go home! 
 
Well, I will write more next week when I have a bit more time and hopefully more stories to be told! I love you mommy and I'll be right back!!
 
Love your son
 
Ps I'm so excited to just tell you everything in person and just hug you. I'm focusing way hard on the work. All the missionaries are shocked by it and I really think I'm setting a good example. 
 
Pss I realllllly love you and you're going to love your Christmas present
 
Psss hope I'm not annoying with will how much I talk about my mission... Haha love you babe

No comments:

Post a Comment