Tuesday, February 12, 2013

MTC Week 4 - Valentine's Day

Mommy!!! I love you!!! Valentine’s Day is coming up.... you were my first Valentine ever :) still are. I remember telling you when I was little that I was going to marry you. (And I still plan on it). Sounds like you will have an awesome day. I will be here reading all my non existent love letters :) but maybe I will get one from a sister or something ;) Just kidding. I don't like girls...

I heard Conner and Ricky talking about wanting to go to Utah for spring break. I’m glad they are actually doing it. It will be so fun for them. Make sure they stay with Lorenzo in his dorm one of the nights!! Bunji would cry. And that would be so fun for them to see the campus. I’m so excited that they both got accepted into BYUI!! That’s awesome. I think they will love it there. I hope they both get out of MN and experience some awesome stuff!! BYU was so great for me.

You know... you could just unplug the Christmas tree... its easier to set up if you never take it down ;) and like I said, I ran the household ;) jk. But seriously. I don’t mind nagging. I get what I want through small but stern requests. How do you think i managed a 300c? lolz. I remember making a PowerPoint presentation to you guys to get a new bicycle and cellphone... so I do have some merit to what I’m saying!

We should get flight info at the end of this week, so the next email, I will tell you everything!! I’m going to have a lot of time to call home! We will stay the night in Hawaii and possibly get to go out with the missionaries there if times line up!! I’m going to take so many pictures. I hope you like the ones I send home to you because they all mean a lot to me!!

I heard about the snow!! That’s awesome. It’s snowed twice since I have been here. I love it because my thrift shop loafers have ZERO traction... haha I run outside the temple and I can slide for soooooo long! I currently hold the record. It’s awesome. I have so much fun here. I could stay here forever, and yet I am definitely ready to leave!!

MOM’s questions/Interrogation:
How many dearelders do you have so far? Who writes you the most? I have probably gotten about 100 or so. Some from people that I barely know to the twice a day people like Lorenzo and Geoff. I love them for doing it. It’s so awesome. Tell everyone to keep them up while they are still free!! The more the better!!!

Who is your best buddy there? Covington and Shepherd are my boys!! They are Samoan speaking elders that are right next door to me. They are sooo funny and we hang out all the time because we have the same schedule. They are the funniest guys ever and I may be a bit obsessed. It will be hard leaving the MTC and leaving them, but we’re for sure chillin after the mish. I wish I knew them before!!! They are my bros.

Do you have jobs there, like cleaning or anything? On Saturdays, we break the rooms and set up chairs for sacrament the next day. It takes about 45 minutes to set up all 20 chapels we have to do. It helps when you have 150 guys helping out haha

What do you do all day?
Usual schedule:
6:30 wake up
7:30 eat
8:00-11:00 class
11:00 personal study
12:15 lunch
1:00 language study
2:00-5:00 class
5:00 lift
6:15 dinner
7:00 personal study
8:30 next day prep
9:30 personal prep time
10:30 RAGE. lolz just kidding. lights out.

That’s what we usually do. The times sometime switch. Class usually is 95% all in Marshallese, we do a lot of teaching. We teach investigators everyday.
What is pday like? Super relaxed, but also super scheduled. Wake up at 5 to do laundry, temple at 930, lunch at like 12, personal time til 5, dinner/choir practice, 7 devo, 8 devo review, 9 plan, 1030 lights out. It’s nice.

Are you taking plenty of pictures? You know I will want to see everything! I have sent home a ton of pictures!! I hope you like them and I hope you are sharing them with my friends. I want to share the experience!! But yes, I am taking a  ton of pics! There are only so many different temple pics I can send, but when I get to the islands, PICS GALORE!!!
I love you so much mom and hope you are having a great week!! I love you to death!! Does anyone look at my blog? Has anyone messaged me on FB or anything? My friends are doing good with dear elder!! You should be getting a letter soon!! Tell everyone I said “hi” and that I’m doing just fine. Also, the velcro on my watch is worn out so it falls off all the time now :( I have taped it, but the tape turns my skin really red and irritates it :/ I don’t know what to do about that...
The language is coming along so well. This week are trying so hard to SYL [Speak your language]. It’s difficult, but we grow so much. The first week I was just drilling on flashcards, now when a teacher teaches me a word, I just remember. It’s weird. I know that I can’t do this without the help of Heavenly Father. My lessons are so fun and I just love my teachers. This week we had "black Friday" where we all wore black suits and ties. Our teacher brother Fallon, wore a blue tie to the AM class, and for the PM class he had ran all the way home to switch into a black tie, and he texted Brother Mora to wear a black tie too. Wow. I LOVE MY TEACHERS!!! They are so cool. He didn’t have to do that. So the pic I sent you with everyone wearing black means a lot to me!! Every day of class is amazing. I love this work.

Note to my frans: Hey guys/ladies. Hope you all are doing well. Can’t believe I have been gone for a month. TIME IS FLYING. Seems like I got here last Wednesday and for all we know I’m gonna be coming home next month! (figure of speech, I still have like 23 to go :) it’s gonna be awesome. I have so much to tell you all and I’ve only been in Provo for the last month!! You all should write me a quick dear elder or letter. I know it sucks... but that would mean the world to me or message me something on the Facebook and I will have my mom include it in my letter she writes me (sorry mom to make you work so hard) you guys are all awesome. I love you all so much. Thanks for everything you do for me. SHOUTS OUT TO MY HOMIES READING MY LETTERS N STUFF. SHOUT OUT TO GEOFF FRANCIS FOR BEING MY BOI. Oh yeah... Bunji too.. and if you guys read this... ITS A GO. You know what that means. I always said my favorite number was 3 ;)

Love you mom! Well I will be thinking of your meatloaf on the 14th [I make a heart shaped meatloaf and heart shaped potatoes for Valentine’s Day dinner]. I love you babe. Man, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Love, Elder Ingalls (3.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment