Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy Birthday to You, MOM!!!!! 2-23-2014

HAPPPPPPPYYYYY BIRTHDAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you 24 or 25 I forget? I wish I could take you on a fun date for your birthday but I guess that will just have to wait until next year!
 
Anyways....

How are you doing cutie pie? Life is awesome here and I am loving every second of it. Its difficult. I can definitely say that as time goes on it gets easier but some assignments are harder than others and some investigators are just more difficult. Prisbrey and I made a goal to find males ages 17 and up. Just because we wanna focus on bringing more priesthood holders into the church and hopefully being able to send some people on missions! That would be the coolest thing! So the work is going well and I have no complaints about it. I am just trying to really study and get the most out of my studies. I almost feel a tad bit selfish but, boy, am I getting good at the bible and the Book of Mormon. I always wondered why they had classes at BYU for the returned missionaries… probably because I don’t think I would ever stop talking and answering everything and giving my inputs…
 
Its all good. Church is crazy… the members don’t really understand the teaching manuals and a lot of them are not translated into Marshallese so that is a challenge…. The members here are great and strong but just some don’t know portions of the gospel because of the language barrier!!! I love them though! They try hard and its fun to see how different the people are here, but the church is the exact same thing here too!!
 
I really don’t know what else to write in my emails anymore…  I empty of saying things… but I have a bit longer. I wanna just share how much I love this gospel and know that its true. Its amazing and it is the only one to help people progress. No other religion gives progression as a result of repentance. Its so true. Just taking a step back and looking at all religions.. Ours just gives the most hope and the best outcome. And the things we have to do only lift us up and give us blessings of peace. I know that this church is true. I’ve known it for awhile, but never really understood. They always say you only can truly know something once you can teach it fully to another person. And that’s what missionary work does for us. It just gives us a chance to teach other people and by doing so, my faith and knowledge is at an all time high! I really have been studying the restoration and the apostacy and just have been focusing on how to teach that. Its been wonderful and I am learning so much that will prepare me for the rest of my life. Obedience is the lock and Sacrifice is the key.

I love you mommy so much. I am happy to hear about everything you are doing! I haven’t got any packages yet, but I will be going to the mission office today so hopefully!! Say hi to everyone for me!! Especially Kevin and Sara and Trayson! Never hear much from them but I think about them a lot!! I love you all and hope you have an amazing weeks!! Ask questions, share your testimony, advice, quotes, stories etc with me! I am on the weak end of replying to it all, but I really want to hear about it all and read it!! Love you babe

Elder Ingalls

No comments:

Post a Comment